POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : contained_by problem... : Re: contained_by problem... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contained_by problem...
Date: 2 Apr 2002 10:22:53
Message: <joijau009g81v8udi3lh87f9ajdc2qa416@4ax.com>
On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:01:01 -0600, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
wrote:
> > When bounded_by has smaller volume then probably not.
>
> No, always. THe default bounding box will fit the default contained_by
> object, not changing it when a bigger contained_by is used would be a
> bug.

I was refered to clipped_be versus bounded_by from yours previous post. You
said: "clipped_by (...) automatically set bounded_by". There is known method to
put bounding sphere near camera for object far away camera. If such object have
clipped_by and this clipping object would set bounded_by automatically then it
sounds a little like a bug for me.

ABX